Ice Cream Eating Contest
Saturday, July 11, 20120 at 5:30PM
$14.99 Discounted General Admission per person after 3:00pm
Free admission to all pass holders & get discounted all-day & night admission ticket for a family member or a friend - click here for more info.
Extended Hours from 10:30am - 9:00pm + FREE Movie
To commemorate National Ice Cream Month we will be hosting our first annual Ice Cream Eating Contest at 5:00pm!
**Park will be open from 10:30am - 9:00pm with a free movie presentation of The Toy Story 4 - click here to find out more!
We will randomly select 10 individuals from pool of entries starting at 5:00PM. Names will be posted on the FM100 tent and participant must be present at 5:15pm at Chief's Luau in order to qualify. Failure to show will result in disqualificaton. Face mask required to enter the area and must be worn at all times. Please practice social distancing by staying with people you came in to the park with.
Park admission required to enter.
1st Place Prize - VALUED AT $710
- 4 2020 Big Kahuna Season Passes
- 1 Standard Cabana Certificate
- 12 Papa John's Hawaii Large Pizza Certificates
2nd Place Prize - VALUED AT $560
- 4 2020 Gold Season Passes
- 1 Standard Cabana Certificate
- 2 Papa John's Hawaii Large Pizza Certificates
3rd Place Prize - VALUED AT $410
- 4 2020 Single Day Admission Tickets
- 1 Standard Cabana certificate
- 1 Papa John's Hawaii Large Pizza Certificates
1 Round = 7 Minute Time
- All participating contestants must be 18 years of age or older as of July 10, 2020
- Selected participants will be posted at the FM 100 tent at 5:00pm
- Contest will take place at Chief's Luau grounds and contestants must be present no later than 5:15. Failure to show will result in disqualification.
- Participation in this event will be at the discretion of the park, as they reserve the right to review an entrant’s qualifications and accomplishments
- Prize winnings are subject to change prior without notice
- Each participant will be given a 6-gallon Vanilla Ice Cream tub
- Winners decided by volume of Ice Cream consumed in 7 minutes (measurements by weight before and after)
- Ice Cream cannot be touched or manipulated by eaters prior to start
- Participant can drink as much room temperature (or colder) liquid while eating
- Participant must finish one scoop of Ice Cream prior to starting another
- Any Ice Cream that passes the lips into the mouth must stay in the mouth
- Ice Cream cannot be diluted or have liquids poured on
- Ice Cream cannot be separated, torn or otherwise modified
- Ice Cream cannot be mashed or balled
- All reasonable efforts must be taken to keep food intact
- For this event, Ice Cream must be picked up and eaten as they are intended to be eaten
- Any reversal during the 7 minutes of Ice Cream Eating Championship will result in immediate disqualification
- After the 7 minutes of the Ice Cream Eating Championship is over, a 30 second “Chipmunking Rule” is enforced where any Ice Cream that remains in the mouth must be cleared (eaten) in 30 seconds without using hands to clear it
- Participant must show an empty mouth at the 30 second mark (or prior).
- If Ice Cream remains in the mouth, a penalty will be assessed (additional ounce added)
- After the 7-minute Eating Championship is over, a 2 minute “No Reversal Rule” is enforced (concurrent with the Chipmunking Rule) where any Ice Cream that is eaten must remain "down" for 2 minutes after the Eating Championship is over
- If you are going to "reverse" step away and get out of everyone's view
- Be respectful of other participants and remain in your own eating area
- If you are feeling sick, slow down or stop
- If you catch someone cheating, please stay calm
- All judges’ decisions are final
- Win AND lose, graciously
- Once contest is over, the tub of Ice Cream is yours to keep! BONUS!!!
You think you have what it takes? Sign up for your chance to be chosen below.
For the safety of all our guest and team members, we have increased all health and safety measures at Wet'n'Wild Hawaii. You must follow all posted instructions and instructions given by our team members while visiting. The CDC and local health departments advise that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 while in any public place where people are present. By visiting Wet'n'Wild Hawaii, you are voluntarily assuming all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.